A super easy Butternut squash soup, is totally possible and so delicious!
My first time dealing with Butternut squash I wasn’t sure how it would peel or cut up. But this hard-skinned winter squash is sweet, with an orange shell that is thin and SO easy to peel and gut. Yes, de-gut is how I say it, basically get out those little seeds. So here it is, get ready to drool and be obsessed with this soup.
1 large Butternut squash
1 small onion
2 red peppers (or any color peppers)
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 cups chicken bone broth (better for the gut)
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 400° F
Peel, remove seeds and cube Squash. Then cut peppers and onions into chunks. add in garlic cloves
Drizzle about 1 TAB of olive oil over the veggies and toss and sprinkle with salt and pepper 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Roast veggies in oven for 25 mins, still once or twice
Once roasted let cool until slightly warm and then add half the veggies to your blender. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and blend until smooth. Then pour puree into a pot and repeat blending with the rest of the veggies and 1 cup broth.
Once in pot and warming add 1/4 pepper and a couple dashes of ginger.
Serve hot and garish with cilantro
**I love adding to each bowl one cut up cilantro chicken sausage from sprouts. It adds so much flavor and turns it into a hearty meal.
I hope your holiday season has been wonderful, it has been so fun around here!
I can’t believe tomorrow will be 2018, this year flew by. I am not a huge fan of New Years resolutions, but in 2018 I really feel like I need a LIFE resolution, not just a New Years resolution.
Self Acceptanceis something that I have never had, I’ve struggled my whole life with my ever changing body which led me to an eating disorder and body dysmorphia. As a mom I play such an important role in my little girl’s life, mama is who she looks up too! If I can’t learn self acceptance of my body, how can I teach Blakely to love and accept herself! I have a feeling 2018 will be filled with a lot of personal growth and maybe some tears. Lets just say it will be a big year for us and I’m looking forward to it.
Have a great time ringing in the NEW YEAR, I’ll see you in 2018!
I don’t know about you but sometimes I just need a salad. With the holidays, family gatherings, and my husband always working a good salad is my GO TO dinner! And this salad is by far my favorite one I make, we eat it probably twice a month- for reals.
So here is my adapted version of this Avocado Chicken salad, I consider this a good ole’ fashion COBB SALAD but the way I like it.
Super easy to toss all together and enjoy the crunch!!!
1 bag or head romaine lettuce chopped
2 large chicken breasts* I put in a crockpot with spices 2-3 hrs then shredded
Your positively perfect Ab Challenge is here! I am so excited to bring you guys a 5 day Ab challenge to help you get on the path to stronger and more toned abs!
THE TRUTH HURTS: Things I’ve learned over the years…
1. Nutrition is Key… I hate saying it but it is true, there is no way around it! I’ve learned that if you are eating more calories than you burn throughout the day, you will store a layer of fat over those abs and other areas of your body. I’ll say it… yes it sucks! To get the abs you want you must stick to eating clean, lots of lean protein and green foods ( I won’t lie.. I love my occasional glass of wine. )
2. Hydration- I feel like we have all heard that our bodies are made up of 60-70% water. But when you research the importance of water in the body you will learn very quick that water plays a part in almost every function of our body. Water helps deliver nutrients to our muscles, lubricates the joints and helps our body recover from tough workouts. As a nurse I’ve realized the role of water in the body and I am super passionate about it. So be on the lookout for a blog post all about HYDRATION!
3. HIIT Workouts- Truly, I give credit to HIIT workouts for my post baby weight loss. Doing high energy workouts helped torch the calories and toned me faster than jumping on the elliptical (my old norm) for 30-45 minutes. Head over to my Pinterest page for great Total body/HIIT workouts and jump start your metabolism!
** Remember these are just my personal recommendations (I’m not a MD). Focusing on these 3 things have changed my life in wonderful ways, so I highly encourage people to incorporate them into their lifestyle. along with this AB Challenge.
Let the Ab Challenge Begin…Click the links below to start the challenge with me!
A good workout for me includes good music! When I have a great playlist to listen to I put more effort into my workout. I realized how important music is at the gym after I had Miss B! The first couple post baby gym sessions can be discouraging, but my workout playlists made it fun and put pep in my step. So I thought I would share my current workout playlist!
Remember two things– 1. I don’t discriminate, I like all types of music 2. I am a girl of the 90′s….don’t hate!
1. Protein World – The Vanilla Slender plan is a great and healthy way to start off your day. I really like Protein World’s powder because it tastes so good, it does contain whey protein (just fyi). If you want some completely dairy free try the Tone It Up Protein Powder, it has a pretty good taste for being plant based and gluten free.
2. Booty Band– Who doesn’t want a Bootiful Booty. Once I had Miss B I realized that my back side needed some strengthening and toning. I spent ONE month really focusing on squats and using my booty band and let me tell you…. the difference was incredible and it was worth it! Check out my Pinterest page for some amazing booty workouts, you WON’T regret it!
3. Water Water Water- Your kidneys and liver can’t do their job in the body when your not properly hydrated. It is SO important to stay hydrated for your overall health and to help boost your metabolism. I’m kind of obsessed with watermelon water, if I’m gonna drink a lot of water I want it to taste delicious
4. Foam Rolling– Pain has never felt so good people. I try to foam roll everyday to help release and lengthen my muscles. If you find yourself going to bed or waking up sore, it’s time to invest in a foam roller. Again, on my Pinterest page I have some great starter videos that will you through the foam rolling process.
5. Workout in clothes you L.O.V.E ❤ It’s a fact when you feel good and look good in your workout clothes it boost your overall workout performance ( society is crazy!!). But I kind of have to agree when I am comfortable in my workout clothes and shoes I definitely push harder than than usual.
Also, GUYS don’t miss my 5 favorite at home workout videos for your ARMS, CARDIO, ABS .