Holy Brows. Since I can remember I’ve always had super dark bold brows. Truth: I can’t say I always loved my bold brows, I mean I did have a high school stage ( like many of you) of trying to thin out my brows. Thankfully they always grew back and my brows are now bigger and bolder than ever!
I’m really particular about my brows so much that I was only getting my brows shaped in when I traveled to Arizona. That had to change–I saw Lindsay’s work on Lauren of The Skinny Confidential and I decided to travel the hour to see Lindsay Merrell at Browtique. She has over 15 years brow shaping experience, she is an artist with a wealth of brow knowledge. So of course I asked her to share her top brow tips with us!
5 Brow Tips From Lindsay Merrell
- Find an eyebrow artist you like and get your eyebrows shaped at least ONCE in your life! They’ll go over your eyebrows with you, show you start, arch and end and your ideal shape. If you want to grow them out, let them know you’re ok with looking a bit shaggy to achieve fuller brows.
- Research your brow artist. It’s easy to do nowadays as many have social media accounts and share their work online. If you don’t know where to start ask a friend with great brows for a referral.
- If your brows are light or could use some pop, consider a TINT. Your eyebrows will look instantly fuller. The maintenance on brow tint is monthly. Staying away from things that strip your color will ensure longevity (ie. Chlorine in pools, glycolic cleansers, bleaching pads)
- If you over-tweezed in the past and are stuck with an unflattering shape, use a growth stimulant. Basically, the follicle no longer has its own food source and needs to be fed. There are a bunch out there at varying price points.
- When filling in your brows, wax based pencils adhere best to skin and powders adhere best to hair. A lot of times I’ll use both and blend with a spooly brush for a natural look. Add a matte cream highlighter under the brow for definition and end with brow gel to set and seal.
- Communicate with your brow artist! Tell her or show her what your brow goals are. It’s not pushy and annoying, it’s smart and effective. And everyone has different aesthetic tastes.
Great eyebrows don’t happen by chance guys, they happen because of eyebrow guru’s like Lindsay! Don’t miss out on all of the great brow products within the post, my fave right now is Rapid Brow to give me EVEN fuller brows.